first model shot please critique and advice

lollypop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi this is my first model shot please critique and give advice thank you :) i shot this in my own living room using a nikon d70 with a wide angle lens the lighting was ambient and one bowens. I have adjusted the levels and contrast in photoshop. I have noticed a catchlight but am unsure how to prevent this :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/7850300@N07/496980344/ If you chould critique that would be great and tell me if i am doing anything right (which i m probably not :()

Very nice lighting. When you said you used a wide angle lens I was expecting a stretched out image but this one looks fine. Nice lighting and contrast, I would say your on the right path. What focal length were you using?

There should be a shirt on that guy.

Jesting aside, that is some fine lighting. The colors are nice and soft as well. The expression of the model is sort of odd to me, but that might just be me. Nice work.

Yes, I agree, the lighting is nice.
Now you decided to get his photo taken while he is barechested ... which makes we now wish we could also see his nipples. Either his chest WITH nipples, or a shirt. This is so halfway between... leaving something to be desired ;).

the focal length is 18-70mm. His nipples where in the image but i cropped the image in photoshop- would it look better if i didnt crop? or is it good that something is left to be desired? I took this in my living room using one bowens light. The camera was on manual shutter set to 1/125 i honestly dont remember what the light meter said but i think the aperture was f5.6. Thanks for the constructive critisism keep it coming.

PS will repay in kind when i feel i know what i m talking about enough to critique someone elses work :)

Most reactions

Back