First Newborn Shot

artoledo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wasn't able to capture many shots because the baby was hungry and cranky. This is my friends son Gabriel. I was fortunate enough to steal him for a little bit to get my first attempt at newborns. C&C please.

AB800 camera left with 22" beauty dish @1/8,
ABR800 camera right w/30" moon unit @ 1/8.
SB-900 behind subject @ 1/4.
All triggered using Cybersyncs

4643129333_8d68356fdb.jpg

Only thing that bugs me is the clipped blanket at the bottom, but still, great shot. Good job dude!

Something about the long hat tail thing just doesn't vibe with me. For starters, I don't really get it, but I also think it does something weird to the body lines of the baby. And it kinda looks like a tail from the baby. Just kind of weird looking. The lighting is nice though.

Only thing that bugs me is the clipped blanket at the bottom, but still, great shot. Good job dude!
I will recrop it and repost.
Something about the long hat tail thing just doesn't vibe with me. For starters, I don't really get it, but I also think it does something weird to the body lines of the baby. And it kinda looks like a tail from the baby. Just kind of weird looking. The lighting is nice though.
Well that is what is in right now (The hat with the tail). For some reason the moms are going crazy for this. (Not sure why). Thanks for the critique tho! :thumbup:

I think it's a nice shot, but not digging the colors. Personally, I think this would look better as a high-contrast black and white.

:thumbup:

I love the hat. Good lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back