First nifty fifty shots!

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by poopingfish, Sep 27, 2008.

1. poopingfish

poopingfish TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ran up to my local Camera Gallery, got to try out some of the lenses ive wanted and have decided on the 11-16 over the 10-17, I feel its plenty wide.
    While I was there I grabbed the good 'ol 50 f.18 and had some fun with it today.

[​IMG]
    The love of skateboarding

[​IMG]
    Friends car. Im Jealous! Wish I woulda gotten the rear end all in.

[​IMG]
    Probably my favorite here, I wish I wouldve used a lower DOF but I was making sure Chris was in focus.

[​IMG]
    He was supposed to be closer to the garage door, with the board in the shadow. Going for the shadow here though.

[​IMG]
    Kindof an experiment. It was hard to see what all id get in frame with my hat hitting the viewfinder. I was tired resting at my door taking shots over the little garden.

I didnt take many today. The ones posted are my main shots. I have a few others but ive yet to upload them.

Anyone else extremely satisfied with their nifty fifty for the ~100 dollars? They oughtta sell kits with these in my opinion!

2. rom4n301

rom4n301 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    although the skating isnt that good those are some decent shots.. u got any more skating shots???

3. poopingfish

poopingfish TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Not really, a couple but they arent too good. My friend isnt very good but hes fun to skate with. He got some of me on overcrooks, crooks, smith/feeble, nollie back lips, back 5-0 and others but he focused them all on other subjects even after i told him what to do. :/

4. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I never care for skating shots at all, but the shot with the shadow is cool.

5. BlueEyes01

BlueEyes01 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I thought the shot with the shadow was really cool (although it would have been nice to not also have the shadow of the dish). I know I'm a noobie, but to me the lens seems definately worth the money.

6. NateWagner

NateWagner TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    well, I think the dish is actually a basketball hoop, but... I am in agreement that I like that shot. I would probably also like a crop such that nothing outside of the house was in it (particularly cropping the second house and stuff out of the shot.

7. poopingfish

poopingfish TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah its a basketball hoop. I thought about cropping the other house out but then id be cutting off part of my house/roof.
    I am very satisfied for the little money this lens costs! Cant wait to see what the 11-16 or 70-200L can do.

8. rom4n301

rom4n301 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    that suks.. my friends that i skate with are pretty good i guesse.. always fun skating/ shooting with them