First nifty fifty shots!

poopingfish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ran up to my local Camera Gallery, got to try out some of the lenses ive wanted and have decided on the 11-16 over the 10-17, I feel its plenty wide.
While I was there I grabbed the good 'ol 50 f.18 and had some fun with it today.

boardzd7.jpg

The love of skateboarding

carmj2.jpg

Friends car. Im Jealous! Wish I woulda gotten the rear end all in.

chrishc1.jpg

Probably my favorite here, I wish I wouldve used a lower DOF but I was making sure Chris was in focus.

shadowjn0.jpg

He was supposed to be closer to the garage door, with the board in the shadow. Going for the shadow here though.

tallhi9.jpg

Kindof an experiment. It was hard to see what all id get in frame with my hat hitting the viewfinder. I was tired resting at my door taking shots over the little garden.

I didnt take many today. The ones posted are my main shots. I have a few others but ive yet to upload them.

Anyone else extremely satisfied with their nifty fifty for the ~100 dollars? They oughtta sell kits with these in my opinion!

although the skating isnt that good those are some decent shots.. u got any more skating shots???

Not really, a couple but they arent too good. My friend isnt very good but hes fun to skate with. He got some of me on overcrooks, crooks, smith/feeble, nollie back lips, back 5-0 and others but he focused them all on other subjects even after i told him what to do. :/

I never care for skating shots at all, but the shot with the shadow is cool.

I thought the shot with the shadow was really cool (although it would have been nice to not also have the shadow of the dish). I know I'm a noobie, but to me the lens seems definately worth the money.

well, I think the dish is actually a basketball hoop, but... I am in agreement that I like that shot. I would probably also like a crop such that nothing outside of the house was in it (particularly cropping the second house and stuff out of the shot.

Yeah its a basketball hoop. I thought about cropping the other house out but then id be cutting off part of my house/roof.
I am very satisfied for the little money this lens costs! Cant wait to see what the 11-16 or 70-200L can do.

Not really, a couple but they arent too good. My friend isnt very good but hes fun to skate with. He got some of me on overcrooks, crooks, smith/feeble, nollie back lips, back 5-0 and others but he focused them all on other subjects even after i told him what to do. :/

that suks.. my friends that i skate with are pretty good i guesse.. always fun skating/ shooting with them

Most reactions

Back