first night shoot C&C please

Micah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got some bad news today at work (possible layoff). I'm a plumber by trade. I adjusted accordingly this evening by asking for advice from my good friend Jim Beam. We decided to try our hand at a night shoot. We got 2 for ya.

1. My first shot of the moon. Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 settings provided by Jim Beam.
009.jpg

2. Second shot trying a different comp. Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8 once again settings provided by Jim Beam
045.jpg

:er:

Hey first time I have seen you here. Sorry to hear about the layoff but maybe you can still do some stuff on your own now. Nice shots and welcome from another Missourian. I am in Columbia, MO

Not sure what to say about No. 1. It's a picture of the moon. :dunno:

However, I really like No. 2. I like the exposure and the overall feel of it. Seems like it would be a greeting card with a really dreary poem about winter or something. It looks really cold in that picture. the left 20% could be cropped.

I work in Columbia............for now.Good to meet a local.

I'm not sure but I think i had it at ISO 100 for all the shots. 200 at the most. Maybe noise is from close crop?

Sorry to hear about your job. I'm an electrician by trade, and we have been getting slow as of late. It's just my dad, me, and a helper, so we have to hustle at times to stay busy.

Good luck to you! People ALWAYS need plumbers.

I work for All Pro Plumbing. The ones with the toilet on the driver door to make it look like I'm sitting on the pot.

Thats cool. I see Master tech does a lot of hiring. Might be worth a try if you do get laid off. Good luck to you.

LOL @ mastertech. I wouldnt work for them for any money. My boss actually was one of thier original "techs". I have heard so many horror stories. The only reason they are still in business is because of the heavy advertising. WAY overpriced and they are mostly non lisenced plumbers to boot. Oh I could start a whole new thread on them if it was plumbing forum.HA HA HA HA.

I am a noob, but I like the photo's cant wait to be able to do that!

best wishes
James

LOL @ mastertech. I wouldnt work for them for any money. My boss actually was one of thier original "techs". I have heard so many horror stories. The only reason they are still in business is because of the heavy advertising. WAY overpriced and they are mostly non lisenced plumbers to boot. Oh I could start a whole new thread on them if it was plumbing forum.HA HA HA HA.

Sorry, I used to work for Clean Uniform and delivered their clothes. They won small business if the year that year.

Good luck to you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back