first night shots C&C is always welcome

JKnobelock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so this was for my photo 1 class, which is black and white film only. and my first time shooting night shots.

so here were the three i choose to fully develop and mount

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

3. this one is probably my least favorite of the three, due to a too fast of shutter speed.
IMG_0005.jpg

I think you've done well here for a first try.

One of the mistakes that I see regularly with people who have not done much night photography is that they try it too late in the evening. If you shoot earlier in the evening- generally around dusk, you'll get a much more detailed image while getting a good deal of color in the image. I'm new here, but will try to post an image in the general gallery later tonight or tomorrow to give you an idea about what I mean here.

Always remember- a good tripod is your friend with night photography. I noticed some panning going on in the final image you've shown here. Lock the tripod down and don't touch while the exposure is being made. I also normally use the self timer too, which allows the camera a few moments to "calm down" after depressing the shutter button for the exposure.

Good luck with this and thanks for sharing.

yea, it was one of the only chances i had to get some good night shots, but i definately plan on doing more so that is a good hint. I thought i used a self timer on all of them, but i may not have on the highway one. thanks for the tips.

Most reactions

Back