First non-friend wedding shoot this weekend... and its going to rain!

The ceremony and reception are held in a nice restaurant. They have a private room that is overlooking the main street with some decently size windows. There is a funky bar inside the restaurant as well, and a back area that is covered with ivy on the walls...not sure how open the top is though, I didnt check that out.

But yes, reflections will be really cool. It was supposed to rain yesterday and today and it hasnt yet... I'm hoping it keep off until later Saturday evening. :)

Let us know how this went, I've done several drowned rat weddings and believe me once those droplets start bouncing 2 inches high all thoughts of reflections, wellies + brolly pics rapidly disappear, as do the B+G + guests, straight for the bar, jobs a goodun, make sure you shoot plenty, quickly. H

Last edited:
I saw this on your twitter Pierre, good luck can not wait to see some shots of what I am sure will be fabulous pictures.

Wedding is over, and the rain was the least of the challenges.

Rain was on and off the whole day. It sometimes came with high winds and it was really damn cold. But we were able to work around the on and off of it.

Everything was late.... from getting ready, getting to the place, things starting... didnt help that there was a music festival going on a few streets down which made for horrible traffic. But this left me with 0 times at the hotel (the nicer indoor shoot location) for shots.

The best part? My 16GB card crapped out on me. This was the card used from the prep shots to the start of the ceremony. I got an ERR 2 message, card cant be read. I took it out, put it back in, and it told me that 80% of my images were not readable. Switched cards, kept on shooting. Tried to put it out of my mind and keep going on with the day, deal with it later. End of the story is that I managed to plug in the card and pull off all the images. Going to call Sandisk this week. One bullet dodged.

So our 1 hour shooting time was brought down to about 20 mins...and this 20 mins to be coordinated with mother nature.

Ugh... managed to get some shots off though, but my lack of experience, card issues, stress level... well... made it for an interesting evening.

I'll post up some pictures in a bit, I need advil :)

We did end up seeing this...right before it started to pour again.

Little to no edits done, i do want to clean up her hair and all that...

mg3279.jpg

I suppose it won't be much of a consolation at this time to tell you "That what won't kill you will make you stronger". I was thinking of you when the weather was coming through. Congratulations on keeping your cool and delivering under pressure. To me that's one of the hallmarks of a professional. Looking forward to the final results.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back