First 'Official' Shoot - Results

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some caveats - These were all shot between ~11:30PM and 1 AM. Now, I don't have a hot shoe or PC sync capablities (if that's the right terminology...I can't hook a flash up to my camera), so I was depending on an overhead light, a lamp I brought and my popup on-camera flash. Not exactly ideal conditions, and therefore I had to compromise with ISO and a longer shutter speed. So....I dunno. If you could give some feedback beyond just "nice" or "crap", that would be much appreciated. While photography is somethign that is inherently inexcusable when it comes to mistakes, if and/or when you comment on the technical aspect, please keep in mind that I've yet to pick up high powered-enough lights, so I was fairly limited.

Anyway, let me know what you think

close2.jpg

goofing.jpg

look.jpg

tie.jpg

close-1.jpg

i like the first on, although you should move your subject farther from the backdrop to reduce shadows

*smacks forehead* Of course...now that you say it, it seems so simple :(

Well, you live and learn :)

Well for the lack of equipment I think you did really good. To be honest I really LOVE the last one. Its her "I am so in love" expression on her face.

:) thanks for the comment

I think that your light set-up was too high for HIS face in the first photo (the shadow that falls across it is mildy irritating, to say the least), but the others are good for what you had. The all b&w appeals to me most, it has no distracting shadows at all and the emotion is strongest in that one.

Uhh if I recall correctly (we changed the setup throughout the shoot to try new looks, etc), that last one had the ceiling light above them and ahead of them by ~a foot, a lamp on top of a chair to camera right, as well as my pop-up flash.

Two things that bother me in these photos are:

1) The skin tone is sort of a green/yellow/gray color.
2) The post processing looks really heavy is some of them, especially on #4 and #5. It looks like the Reduce Noise filter was used heavily on those to try and smooth out heavy noise.

But compositionally speaking, I like the poses in #1, #2, and #5.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back