First outing with my new lens! (pic heavy)

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just picked up a new lens yesterday and luckily today turned out to be a beautiful sunny winter day. I was amazed with the dual sync IS. Hand held at 420mm (840mm equiv.) and its incredibly stable.
Here's some pics from Tommy Thompson Park, Toronto.

1. Trumpeter Swan
P2180062 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

2. Trumpeter Swans
P2180033 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

3. Trumpeter Swans
P2180107 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

P2180106 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

P2180192 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

6. Long Tailed Duck
P2180164 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

7. Long Tailed Duck
P2180432 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

8. Long Tailed Duck
P2180471 by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Nice photos! Day One was good to you!

Hmm, that Olympus 300mm looks like a nice lens.
How far down the Spit did you go ?

Hmm, that Olympus 300mm looks like a nice lens.
How far down the Spit did you go ?

I went all the way to the lighthouse. It was my first time there. Can't wait for the spring and summer when they have close to 200 species. Really would like to try capturing some swallows and cormorants.

The 300mm is just fantastic but damn expensive. But I have no regrets spending the money. And even with the 1.4x teleconverter you lose no IQ or sharpness. The great thing is, no need for a tripod. Olympus IS is top notch and the sync between camera and lens IS just makes it silly stable. I meant to take a video with the lens just to show how stable it was but forgot.

Hmm, long walk ... were all the cells iced over ?
Yeah, the Spit is a really interesting place. I can't wait till they get the new areas completed.

In photography ... you most of the time pay to play.

Hmm, just looked up Henrys price for your lens ... yup, that is not cheap glass ... though if Sony ever made a 400mm f4 for my a77II, I think they would price it about the same as yours.

Hmm, long walk ... were all the cells iced over ?
Yeah, the Spit is a really interesting place. I can't wait till they get the new areas completed.

In photography ... you most of the time pay to play.

Still has some ice but not iced over. I would imagine by today most of the ice should be gone. Quite muddy though with the defrost.

FYI: if you have Bell TV ... channel TV1 - People and Places - there is an old 8 part series on the Spit

Nice. #2 is good timing on the image capture !!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back