First Paid Engagement session.. C&C Please!

I love those edits Amber. I am going to go check out those actions :)

Thanks a ton, I had a great time doing it. The "Digital Fill Flash" and "Smokeless Burn" on Artistic Tools V2 are the Actions I use the very most of. They are paint tools that allow you to paint in light or darkness onto the image. These are different from a burn and dodge tool, as they will not hurt the detail in the image. These make a world of difference and I pretty much use them in every single edit I ever do.

Amber
Kubota Image Tools team

I agree.. here's my go at them.

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

Wow! I love the post production work and how much difference it makes. How do I learn how to do this? What books or sites would you recommend? I am not a professional photographer, or even an aspiring one, I just want to take cool pictures of my kids. I went to a photo shop and they helped me pick out a great camera, but this post production work (that I'm trying to find out more about) is awesome. It really makes the pictures look great. And that goes for the other edits by amberlark too. I love it and want to learn how to do it! Thanks!

As a first and basic step I would recommend purchasing Photoshop Elements (as it is the most affordable version) and take classes for it - either online or at a local college or whatever. Understanding Photoshop is the basis for photo enhancement, in my opinion.

betterphoto.com offers a variety of classes on the subject - go check them out.

The B & W one is awesome...literally gave me cold chills! They look so in love and that's what you are trying to capture.

Thank you Parago. I will check it out!

The B & W one is awesome...literally gave me cold chills! They look so in love and that's what you are trying to capture.

thanks!

you did well for your first paid shoot,
agreed that there should be some extra PP done,
but you have the right idea.

Most reactions

Back