First PAID Job - EVER!!!

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is the first time EVER that anyone has paid me to do a photography session - It was soooo stressful (as I had NO CLUE what I was doing) - and the whole shoot lasted less than 20 minutes (kids were crying and we spend most of the 20 minutes chasing them around anyway.... very stressful. Anyway, I charged $65.00 for the whole session... which, I've heard is a deal. I'm hoping the mother will be happy... I'll die if she just hates them... again, this was my FIRST JOB EVER!!!! Shots all around!

Here are a few I took. Out of 100 shots, only about 15 came out nicely.

Please let me know what YOU all think - was it worth her $65 based on these alone?

Familyshoot5.jpg

Familyshoot41.jpg

Familyshoot31.jpg

Familyshoot21.jpg

Familyshoot1.jpg

Familyshoot61.jpg

I think she got plenty for her money, you've done a good job here. especially like the one were they're playing in the sand, that rock was a great backdrop. :thumbup:

Wow. Love these.

4 is standing out for me.

number 4 was the one that struck me too

very nice

You caught a lot of cute expressions here - I'm sure she'll think they're all wonderful! :)

Way to go - congrats! :)

Wow, thank you everyone! I can now breathe a little! I've been stressing over all of these since I've never taken money for my time before. I am showing her all the pics on Tuesday and now, I can feel a little more confident that she will be happy with them. :):):)

No doubt: Photo 4 is the absolute winner of this series here!
And I also like 5, though your camera may not have been to happy to be having sand thrown at it... :confused: But for the photo it was worth it :D.

(I have never done photos at an appointment for money - the ballet rehearsal pics need to be a favour to that little ballet school, with only the basic expenses for the prints being paid for, or else that school would go bust ;) --- others sew costumes in their free time or build the stage decorations, so there... But that session was an appointed one...)

$65!!! That's around £40 GBP for the SET.A friend at college charges £25 for a single A4 shot and people are more than happy with that so your client has got a good deal. The fact that you have really captured the enthusiasm and happiness of these youngsters is a bonus. Sorry to break the consensus but I like the one wher the kid is airborne I just love the energy in that one.
Good shooting and I suggest you use this portfolio to incerease your charges .

Another vote for 4!

Congrats!!

The last was my favorite of the series! I think you did a very nice job and I'm sure your client will be happy :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back