First paid shoot - Engagement Session 1

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Canon Fan, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Finally got through my first paid job! I did a portrait session (ya I know, me shooting people?!:lol: ) last Saturday for a wedding I have booked in September. Given the limitations of my small livingroom "studio" I think I got some pretty good captures. Still working through all of the files but thought I would post one or two of them here to see what some opinions might be. Please be gentle though as I am really space limited and still learning my lights, posing, metering ect!!!

I did have to fix the background a little as my background light was too close and not quite powerful enough to overcome the falloff. In most shots it was bright enough for 60% of the background to be properly overexposed but left grey or folds/wrinkles in the rest. BTW this background was a 120"x216" White Muslin from Wal-Mart for a cool $38 :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are going to be doing some more in an outdoor shoot in another month or so when the weather is a little nicer out. I'll be sure to get some of those posted here as well when I get them done ;)

2. anicole

anicole TPF Noob!

I like them all, but I like the third one the best!

Nice work!

3. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

What a great start!

Don't ya wish the ceiling was higher?

And, of course, I have to mention the clothing being out of key... one dark, one light. I would have sent them home to change, but that's me.

You got some really nice expressions. Don't forget to lighten the shadows under his eyes.

Good job!

Pete

4. xion

xion TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice shots. I like the third one.