First Photo Post

bburton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brucemburton.blogspot.com
This is a super-colorful view of the Trinity River as it passes through River Legacy Park in Arlington, Texas. In addition to boosting the saturation, I've applied what's called an "oil painting" effect in post processing.

Canon 300D Canon 70-200f4
f8 70mm 1/400s -0.33EV ISO200

7206-Trinity3op.jpg

It is a bit over processed for my taste, the over saturated purples look too unnatural, but thats just my opinion. Thanks for sharing it.

NIce shot. I like it. It is tough for me to see the proper colours here at work, but I like the comp.
Welcome to the forum BTW

pursuer said:
It is a bit over processed for my taste, the over saturated purples look too unnatural, but thats just my opinion. Thanks for sharing it.
Yes, as a photgraph, it's purposely over processed. It might not have succeeded in this intention.

The photo itself right from the camera, of course, looks much more bland and natural (see below); however, the increase in saturation and the "oil painting" special effect applied in post processing were supposed to render the photograph into what a painter might creatively see under the same circumstances and then put onto his/her canvas.

Thanks for your feedback.:D

Here's the scene from the camera with only USM applied.

7206-RiverBendsm.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back