Guinness Man

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot today in N. Virginia. Very Cloudy out

Nikon D5000
AF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6G and an AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6G lenses

Did a little brightening on a few post processing.

Please tell me why they suck. lol

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0156-1.jpg

DSC_0170-2.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

The rest: Alyssa 121509 pictures by scottall - Photobucket

Thanks for your time.

1)Nothing too bad, doesn't really speak to me though. Also slightly underexposed for my taste

2) blown out whites, i feel it's too contrast-y, but maybe thats what you were going for?

3)probably the best of the set, again so slightly underexposed. Looks good was it a candid?

4)nothing special, no detail in sky and busy background

Thank You. I know they are underexposed. I see that now that Im home. lol It was so cloudy and overcast it was hard to get the right lighting.

I like 3 the best as well. Not candid but came from a set that I was playing with zoom on and loved they way that up close one turned out.

They all seem like you slightly missed the focus. Like in 3 it looks like the focus point might have been the piece of hair to the right of her face instead of the eyes like it should have been. Make sure that you always focus on the eyes.
TJ

They all seem like you slightly missed the focus.

Great point, I see that now that you point it out. I did go in close for the focus. Apparently not close enough.

Thanks.

Where exactly is that shot in Northern VA? I do alot of outdoor portraits in Nova, but I'm on the fence as to where that was shot.

#1 would be much better if you lightened up some of the shadows around her eyes. Definitely bump up the exposure level on that if you shot it in raw..

Other than that, I simply love number 3. I do have to agree with TJ though.. The focus seems just a tiny bit off in it

I think number 3 is probably technically the best, but I like the intention you put into processing number 2. While the whites are blown out that's not necessarily a bad thing. Aesthetically, number 2 is my favorite.

I thought #3 was the best...you just have to learn more post production techniques. I did a little 5 minute edit of #3 from my perspective to make it even more of an interesting picture.
PictureExampleFix.jpg

Most reactions

Back