First "Photo Walk"

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first time out with the intent to shoot. It was little while back, but I'd enjoy some C&C on them. Thanks.
1)
4232807938_a294837bed_o.jpg

2)
4232778610_c8eaa3f115_b.jpg

3)
4232775424_ab79c3facb_b.jpg

4)
4231998571_ba1bf0377e_b.jpg

5)
4232001971_c1c8fbbdaf_b.jpg

They were all shot with a d3000 and kit lense. I'd like to get back out and do a reshoot with my 35mm 1.8 though.

lol, 2nd photo post with nothing haha.

I think I'll stop putting "First" in my title, it must scare people away. :p

1. The background is a little too distracting in my opinion, but I like the actual fountain portion of the photo.

2. I like this, it looks pretty sharp.

3. Doesn't do a whole lot for me, sorry.

4. This is nice as well

5. Very cool idea, I would try putting a crop on the picture that is the same dimension as the hole in the wall. Still include the brick to frame the tree, but crop it a little bit.

Just my $0.02

Thanks for the input guys.

here is that photo cropped like said above ...

4404741177_9f02980a23_o.jpg

1. the colors don't seem to stand out. nice location though. but yea, i think this would look better if the colors stood out more and i like the motion blur of the water (fountain)

2. i like these kinda photos where the viewer can interpret different meanings. i would personally crop the sides

3. like the above, but this particular doesn't do much.

4. i take many shots like these. i tend to think they'd look better as a photo, but i usually end up disappointed (they look better in person). it might look better in black and white actually

5. i like this one the most and definitely the cropped version

one thing that's a concern imo is the white balance. they seem to be inconsistent

I agree with the white balance. This could be due to my post processing. It was one of the first times I got a chance to PP my photos. BUT, I wonder if it had anything to do with the sunset. It seemed like the sun set pretty quickly and the photos above were taken with some time in between. I'm not sure. Since I'm a beginner, WB is a topic I don't know too much about either ... maybe someone can put it into rookie terms hah.

4232001971_c1c8fbbdaf_b.jpg

I like this concept a lot as well. Maybe crop it, but not as much as the prior one. Next time if it is possible, more focus on the subject through the opening.
I do like this alot though!

Yeah, I thought the first crop I did was a little tight. When I get home, I'll bring in the sides more but keep the height the same. Thanks though :)

Most reactions

Back