First photo with new camera

sothardw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I finally got a new camera. It only took me 5 years. I went from my 2MP Kodak Easy Share to my new Canon Rebel XT. I took this photo with a Sigma 28-300mm Macro lens. I really have to figure this out! Not a bad pic for the first one.

This is Falco the Destroyer. He is a 3 inch long Pixie Hawk Fish who lives in one of my salt tanks. He single handed killed about 600 dollars worth or angels and butterflies. :confused: That was good to find. I did just give him a new buddy (photos to come), a 12 in Green Wolf Eel.. hehe... Thunder Dome time! Two aquatic lives enter... one will leave. haha

What are everyone's thoughts?

Falco.jpg

I am still learning how to use my new camera. I have messed around with it some more and have taken a few better photos. I have a pretty sweet pic of my lion fish. You can tell he is in zoom because you can see his individual scales. I also have a cool photo of my snowflake eel.

I will add some more photos tonight hopefully!

Thanks all for you thoughts!

Wes S.

That guy there is also hard to get a photo of, he is a complete spaz and won't stop moving! About 98% of my photos I have taken of him were all red blurs.

These are not the best I have taken of my fish, but they are what I have available to put out there.

My snowflake eel: (he is the thickness of a #2 pencil and 12 inches long.)

snowflake.jpg

My punctato butterfly:

butterfly.jpg

My volitan lionfish:

lion2.jpg

Not too bad! I've tried to take photos of fish in an aquarium and it's not easy. You've done well, keep it up. Looking forward to seeing more (in thenear future). I've never seen fish like this before. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. Like I noted, these are only the first photos I have ever taken with my macro. It is just too fun of a lens to put down! Some of the fish are hard to get photos of. My puffers (1x porcupine, and 1x Valentini) most to much at the "right" moment. So I always get unwanted blur on them. I will get more though as I learn how to actually use my camera.

He is a pic of Slade my dog passed out. I took this photo with the Macro lens at somewhere between 12 to 15 yards awaythrough my back door. He is PASSED OUT! haha

sleepingSlade.jpg

Most reactions

Back