First photo

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought I would throw a photo out there to get some C&C...
This is a very recent capture of a Bald Eagle munching on a crab. I snagged it on the way to work with the sunrise putting out some decent lighting. The Bird was a decent ways away and this was taken by hand.

Crop.jpg

Tried to get a bit closer and he turned towards me so I stopped :confused:, I didn't want talons in the forehead that early in the morning.
EagleF3.jpg

Yep, those birds are BIG.

Anyway, your sky has luma noise. Lots of it. Some noise reduction is in order to smooth-out those blue tones.

Wow, a couple of really nice pics there. Is it a rare occasion that you see a bald eagle on your way to work or is it just me?

I love the second. The foreground interest in the form of the grasses helps place the bird somewhere, and, as always, rule of thirds = :thumbup:. My one criticism would be asking if you have sharpened it? There seems to be quite a large halo over the two shots, particularly in the first.

Other than that, though, wow, some excellent photographs, you could sell those, I reckon. You're pretty damn lucky to be able to get one of those in your viewfinder :).

Thanks for the comments and advice.. I will look into the things mentioned to see how to prevent/correct them.

As for the bird, yes it is very common for me to pass them on the way to work. There is about a 2 mile stretch of road that I drive down that has nothing around it but tall grass and beach (Its on a Naval Base).... I pass atleast 1 of them everyday and have passed 11 in one direction at one point.

I've got quite a few shots, including him ripping the meat out of the crab he had just caught.

That first picture looked pretty good....a little washed-out in the whites...but hey...which ever...it IS a bald eagle after all....here is an edit for you....

6574_110666589820_508854820_2251210_5335640_n.jpg

I love bald eagles. Beautiful, majestic birds. I'm guessing you must live somewhere in the Northwest, Washington, Oregon, maybe Alaska.

Bald Eagles, I've found, are one of the most difficult subjects I've found to photograph. You can't get too close or they fly away, so you need to have a decent focal length to get anywhere close to them. Not to mention, the white head on black body can really mess with your metering. I probably have 200 bald eagle photos on my HD, and not a single one is really great.

Wow, a couple of really nice pics there. Is it a rare occasion that you see a bald eagle on your way to work or is it just me?

For me anyway, I see them practically everyday. I live in SE Alaska, and they are literally everywhere. Some years ago, I saw a group of around 40 of them perched on the ground near the ocean. It's a shame I didn't have a camera with me at the time. :( It's common for me to see 20+ roosting in a tree, or 5 or 6 near each other waiting for a turn at a dead fish or something.

Last edited:
Thought I would throw a photo out there to get some C&C...
This is a very recent capture of a Bald Eagle munching on a crab. I snagged it on the way to work with the sunrise putting out some decent lighting. The Bird was a decent ways away and this was taken by hand.

Tried to get a bit closer and he turned towards me so I stopped :confused:, I didn't want talons in the forehead that early in the morning.

What time of the day do you want talons in your forehead?

Is it just me, or on all the photos posted, theres a white line around the bird? Almost as if its glowing?

Mark

Is it just me, or on all the photos posted, theres a white line around the bird? Almost as if its glowing?

Mark

It appears to have been oversharpened. That's a typical sharpening halo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back