First Photo!

glassbuilt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi! This shot was taken somewhere in San Francisco's chinatown. Was just walking around and snapping, any tips or critique would be helpful!
50D/800 ISO/24mm
IMG_2575.jpg

I like this, such great colors! As far as critique goes, I would have framed it so the sign "canton bazaar" was all the way to the edge of the frame (left) this way you would include more of the street and those amazing lights, which IMO is more interesting than the (1/2) sign for luggage. Welcome to the forum!

The BMW really sets this off.

I'm not really proficient in non-people photography, but my first impression of this is that the sign is too bright. I realize that you're probably trying to find a good balance in the exposure, but I probably would have exposed more for the sign and then locally adjusted the rest of the image as needed, so it wasn't so bright an glaring.

I also kind of feel like the framing is a little off. I would have like to see it maybe shifted more to the right to allow more room for the leading lines going out of the frame. I also might have framed it in such a way that the red car isn't cut off at the bottom. It just feels... off.

The colors are cool, but with it being so busy and with the framing being not quite spot on, it doesn't do much for me.

BUT... that is just my opinion. :)

Most reactions

Back