First photos for c&c

pebblesny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All: This is my very first post. I have been reading and reading on here for days and just got the guts to post some pics. I had some alone time and had a very relaxing couple hours shooting in my hometown. Please let me know what you think:

4582519921_9c8899934b.jpg

4582511547_609cc01681.jpg

4583138708_ed5d7cc270.jpg

4582503137_e5251d6495.jpg

4582493291_d8799c9370.jpg

4583119188_598c38549e.jpg

I look forward to your feedback! I did some post editing, not sure if I am supposed to do that when posting so if not, please guide me in the right direction!

Hello Pebbles and welcome to the forum.

The telephone poles distract from the photo, but I like the idea of the railroad tracks. Maybe from another angle in a different spot.

I like this shot a lot. I love the low angle and how the grate is composed and focused. I think it works well in b&w.

The church spire distracts from the railing.

The shot is not level. This one does not do too much for me.

Overall I like your composition.

Keep up the good work!

Welcome to TPF!

First of all, kudos to you for trying different compositions! Good use of DOF and good exposures. I particularly like #2 because of all the different angles and such, and that you got low to the ground to show all the geometric shapes. It works well.
:thumbup: Keep shooting

I really like these! I love the use of the railroad tracks in the first one. The second one is great is B&W and I love the angle. The third one all I can do is focus on the church steeple, to me a railing doesn't do much for the picture. I think I would have done the opposite and kept the railing out of focus.

Thank you everyone!

A little background on some of the pictures. #1 - the building at the end of the track there is an old railroad station. There have been many promises throughout the years to restore it or put a restaurant in, but it has remained a vacant shell for a long time. I thought it was a neat story how the track lead to this vacant building. When I posted this picture to my facebook, the stories started flying about the history of that building.

I live in a town that is known for the Erie Canal Locks, so there are many opportunities to really get some great pictures. Any picture in the city of Lockport has that church in the back or foreground, so I was playing with the composition of it - which is why it was blurry - almost like a story that no matter where you are in LP, that church is always there by looking over the horizon.

#2 is my favorite too - I really love how the bridge turned out so much in focus with the flags in the sky.

I have some more pics that I will share tonight.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Most reactions

Back