First photos with my Micro-NIKKOR 55mm

avilamillar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, i just bought my first macro lens, a used Nikon Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/3.5

This is the first time i use a macro lense and i have some questions, is it normal that in my camera appears as ''lens not attached''? and i saw i cant use the flash when using this lens, so i cant use a ring flash for my macro shots?

This are the photos i took today, C&C please

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Thanks

You should be able to use a macro ring flash...

But why i cant use the normal flash now? it says: flash in TTL mode. choose another setting or use a CPU lens.

Are the pictures really that bad that anyone could C&C them?

Well they are just some of the pictures I took the first day with my 55mm nikkor micro lens

Numbers 2 & 4 to look good considering it your first experience with a macro lens.
I have been wanting a macro lens for a while and finally think i will invest in one. If i do would you recommend the one you have?

Thanks and yes I would recommend you this lens because for the price (60 dlls) it does a very very god job.

You should be able to use a macro ring flash...

But why i cant use the normal flash now? it says: flash in TTL mode. choose another setting or use a CPU lens.

What flash do you have? My SB600 won't work in any mode other than manual with a non-CPU lens. TTL info comes from the lens, not the body apparently.

I'd think with macro work you'd be OK with manual once you learn how to do it. Don't ask for advice, I just got my flash saturday.
;)

As for C&C I like the ant, and I like the baseball. The rest suffer too much from lack of DoF, which can be remedied with flash, I'd think.

EDIT: I assume that lens doesn't meter on your camera?

i tried to use the normal camera flash and i couldnt use it, and exposure meter? if its that no, it doesnt, sometimes it takes me a little to get a good exposure.

Thanks!! :) hehe i only used small f stops if you are referring to the DOF.

If you have an other question dont doubt in asking me ;)

Most reactions

Back