Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by haglersp, Jan 15, 2009.
these are some of the first photos i took.
let me know what you think. C&C is welcome
#1 and 5 are my favorites. Really don't like #2 at all.
just curious, what is it about #2 that you don't like?
1. It's very appealing - what is it?
2. Doesn't do much for me, but I think technically you did what you set out to, which is positive. I want more flower, less dog. The dog, which takes up the bulk of the frame adds very little, if anything to the image, IMO.
3. Fireworks are difficult to shoot well and these are out of focus.
4. I like this one - very nice...sharp, good contrast.
5. This one is nice enough, but consider straightening out the horizon. Also, your person, at first glance, looks headless, at least to me. I'd like to see more contrast between the water and the dock - adding the color back might accomplish that; I'm not sure the sepia tone works as well as you want it to.
Overall, I think you did great, though - keep at it.
#1 - Nice B&W conversion.
#2 - What is the subject here? The flowers or the out-of-focus (OOF) dog? I like the DOF but the image just doesn't work.
#3 - Seems OOF.
#4 - This one caught my eye. Very nice capture. Wish it had something on the right side though.
#5 - Nice sepia-tone conversion. The horizon isn't level. Image also seems heavily weighted on the right side.
Looks like a tiki-torch/garden torch that just had the flame put out.
#1 is a citronella candle that i lit and then put the cap on right before i took the picture
Separate names with a comma.