First photo's

zeto88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
... Ever. :lol:
Partied at a friends last night, after a seedy night of drinking, thought it'd be fun to get my camera out.
These are the first photo's I've liked from my Nikon D90.
It's some hard sh*t!

1. ( not me )
DSC_0017copy.jpg

DSC_0036copy.jpg

I understand if the C&C is harsh. I'd do it. Ahaha.

the first one lacks interest. the second one is a lot better with all the lines and directions but you should brush up on the rule of thirds. my honest opinion! good luck

The second image wasn't going to be centered, but there was a big arse t.v to the right of it, and a very bright window to the left.
I had no choice, ahaha! Thanks though. ;)

The second image wasn't going to be centered, but there was a big arse t.v to the right of it, and a very bright window to the left.
I had no choice, ahaha! Thanks though. ;)

I don't want to sound harsh, but this was not the photograph's fault. If you're trying to capture a memory, then fine, get the shot even if it's subpar for some reason outside of your control. But if you're going for a photograph that is pleasing/interesting to look at and you want C&C, it would be better to move the subject, find an angle that does work, or don't take the shot.

The first one isn't bad for your "first photo ever" though. :)

Never said it wasn't my fault. ;)
I was just sitting on the couch, couldn't be bothered moving, after a big post new years party.
There's no memory, or story behind the vase at all. A little bit of 'ten interesting things within ten feet' game here. Ahaha.
Saying "or don't take the shot" seems a bit unethical.
Thanks for your $0.02 though.

on the first one, you should've had him on the right. Would've made the photo more interersting

on the first one, you should've had him on the right. Would've made the photo more interersting

Can you explain why you mentioned this? i like the composition the way it is. What would moving the subject to the right of the frame accomplish? there are other fundamental problems, but the shot looks god.

Moving it to the right would just put the other 3 people in the background in frame.
"other fundamental problems" Can you point them out please?

Moving it to the right would just put the other 3 people in the background in frame.
"other fundamental problems" Can you point them out please?

1. head is cropped off, lighting is off, people in the background/busy.

2. uninteresting, bad crop, bad lighting, shadows.

these things get better over time and i didnt want to get overly critical. I didnt agree with moving the subject over, hence my original reply.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back