First Photoshoot with D5000

20civic04

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well i finally bought a dslr and heres some pics from my first shoot. note to self-remeber to check your settings before shooting i found out the hard way and shot with the wrong white balance, photoshop saved me though lol. more here http://www.flickr.com/photos/39654809@N08/

4662515172_69e62c5e17.jpg

4662528852_0e28772dd9.jpg

4662532390_6b44ea8105.jpg

4651951738_9e477daed4.jpg

4651946380_9a02af0326.jpg

4651332569_d8fabe2921.jpg

#4's an outstanding composition, I'd maybe try to get more angle on the car though. Not sure about the PP.. looks very 'played with' and the reflection of the bridge on the hood is a minor hit if I want to be super-critical.

#6 is also nice and a common angle taken by many pro car photographers. Sometimes they get higher, depends on the car.. You did a good job showing the car's unique features, that's what counts.

The others aren't bad but they're not nearly as good as 4 and 6.

Next time you put all this work into a car shoot, take a few seconds and remove the plate. The holes in the bumper are easy as pie to clone out too.

I think they are stunning shots. Quite moody & raw!!

I love 2, 4 and 6. Plus I love the car. Good job man.

4662528852_0e28772dd9.jpg

The backround is the Croton Dam. I was there a few weeks back shooting the dam. Great location...20 minutes from my house.

The picture looks really nice. This is why I pick up a DSLR too, for car photography.

I like em all except #1, it dosen't go with all the others, as far a "set" goes.

#4 is amazing. the background looks surreal.

4 is my favourite

To all the car guys. Wipe the dirt off the tires and always bring some armorall or whatever you're going to use on the tires and put some on the exposed treads. It might be just me but I find it very distracting when the tire doesn't look clean or completely black. When you're going for these glamor car shots I think it's really important that the car look like a show car and not a daily driver.

-Ex car guy (now house and family guy.)

Am I missing something?

I always wonder over the painted over license plate numbers.

What's the purpose of that?

These are all really nice....however, in my personal opinion a lot of these would be much more stellar images if you got rid of the car. For example, 2 and 4 would be even better images if the car wasn't in the way. Just my opinion of course.

Am I missing something?

For some people its a privacy thing. I normally don't do it unless the owner asks.

I will remove them completely if I can as it makes the image look better.

Am I missing something?

For some people its a privacy thing. I normally don't do it unless the owner asks.

I will remove them completely if I can as it makes the image look better.
Does that mean they blank them out as they drive down the street too? Privacy? LOL.

I never would have guessed.

In my experience the guys that care either drive a high end car or think they do.

The fear is that someone will see the picture, see the plate, somehow look up your address and come steal stuff or the car. If it was a Ferrari or lambo maybe I can see it.

Most reactions

Back