first photoshoot with dslr...please comment!!! 2nd try

Great shots.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Balboa Park. Seeing it makes me miss living in SD. :guilty:

They get better as they go down. The first pics are me just trying to figure out everything. I don't know if it is a mistake but I shot everything in Manual mode, and manual focus... I just felt like using autofocus and all the preset modes was "cheating"? Maybe I should use autofocus and not manual mode?? I appreciate all the comments.

Eric

i'm lazy so i usually never shoot in manual mode ... only when AF fails to grab what i'm trying to get focus on then i switch to manual mode. if you prefer manual then by all means =)

i honestly only like number 3 all the other ones seem to be missing something.

Nothing is considered "cheating". I don't like that mentality.

Cameras come with various features that add or compensate for a photographer's skill (or lack of). Different settings and functions are used to get the right image. So whatever works for you.

I use a center point autofocus most of the time and its great. Others like manual. Others do full auto. Whatever works and you are comfortable with. Just don't shut anything out because "its cheating"

Nothing is considered "cheating". I don't like that mentality.

Cameras come with various features that add or compensate for a photographer's skill (or lack of). Different settings and functions are used to get the right image. So whatever works for you.

I use a center point autofocus most of the time and its great. Others like manual. Others do full auto. Whatever works and you are comfortable with. Just don't shut anything out because "its cheating"
+1

All the images uploaded were so big I got tired of waiting for them to load. I saw bits and pieces but I didn't enough to comment.

The forum requests you resize your images to no more than 800 pixels on the long side so you don't crater their bandwidth.

There is a sticky about posting images at the top of the beginners forum.

I really like 3,5,6,14. She's pretty, don't let her go lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back