First Pic First Cam

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by mark day, May 23, 2006.

1. mark day

mark day TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
  2. nitefly

nitefly TPF Noob!

Could you resize the photo for us please? And I agree with you about "weston super mud" :)

3. mark day

mark day TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    is that better

4. RoRoCo

RoRoCo TPF Noob!

Was it handheld or tripod?

At first glance I would say a longer shutter and smaller aperture might have helped out a bit...but only if you had a tripod or a support of any kind.

Seems to lack a bit of something, but it is a great shot composition-wise.

But those are only my 2 cents and the latest conversion rates for newbies and people with crappy monitors at work means that my 2 cents are worth nothing. :D

5. mark day

mark day TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :lol: your right ,,spot on ,,no tripod perhaps the grainy look IS slight blur ,,got one now a will retry in black and white ,,,and as for your pennies worth ,,,like me mum used to say always pick up a penny its a penny more than you had ,,,and as the say on tv every little helps :wink:

6. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    So you got yourself this new camera ... and do you also have some post processing software you can use? There always comes a CD with the camera, that should give you some means to tweak things a bit even later, like brightness and contrasts, colour saturation and such things.

This photo of Weston-super-mud ... erm -Mare :biglaugh: could do with a contrast boost.

Hey, I see you got yourself the 350D ... same camera as the one I have ... which - I find - always produces too bright, too little contrasted photos when shot in automatic mode. I tend to underexpose all my photos by one stop at least these days.

7. mark day

mark day TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    LaFoto do you think this typical instance for using RAW ,but i keeps pulling me away from learning the camera and back to the pc ,,maybe white balance or black and white maybe:thumbup:

8. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can't tell about shooting RAW because today (!) was the VERY FIRST DAY I ever shot a picture in RAW!
    Ever since 22 December (which was my birthday and the day I got my 350D) I have so far only taken jpeg-pics, and I started out in all auto and worked myself towards fully manual, and now to RAW (I take my time in learning things and never read the manuals, cough-cough), so I cannot really say that this is a "typical RAW problem" ... it seems to be the camera's problem. But once you shoot fully manual, you can do a lot to get the photos right in the camera.

9. mark day

mark day TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks for your help LaFoto i must admit im starting to hate that little green square,,i will process the original in cs2 later a post a few samples,,
    :thumbup:

10. mark day

mark day TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

As for the underexpose coment i was going to say that until yesterday i matched my camera ,,monitor,,cs2,,and epson r340 all with the same colour profile and that problem has seem to have sorted its self ,,,from sRGB to AdobeRGB ..