First Pic Post on TPF!

Daylon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just found the site about 20 minutes ago, created my profile, and would like to post my first image.. sooo.. (deep breath) here goes. Not quite sure how to insert the image directly, so I'll put up the link.

I'd like to call it "Snakes and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails..."

http://daylon.us/53/Tongue-sm.jpg

Taken with a 50+ year old Yashica 635 Twin Lens Reflex

Tongue-sm.jpg

If you use the IMG button (
tags) ...the image will show up, rather than just a link.

Thanks Mike!

D.

Big Mike said:
If you use the IMG button (
tags) ...the image will show up, rather than just a link.

Nice image, I really like it.

Nice picture Daylon. Did you do your own scan? TLR's are a hoot. People are always curious about them and generally come up to you and ask about them.

Thanks for all the kind feedback!

I was using TMAX 400 ASA. Usually I try to use either Ilford Delta or TMAX in 100 or 400.

And the above post was right about using a TLR in public.. people are always coming up and saying "The heck is that?". I always imagine that the guy that took the Iwo Jima flag raising shot was using something probably not too different. Trivia - my father (who moved on in 2005) bought that Yashica BRAND NEW in Tokyo in 1954-55 when he was stationed there as a young Lt. in the Air Force.

The only problem is that as fun as they are, forget trying to shoot anything that moves with it. The upside down reversed viewfinder makes framing stuff a pain the a$$.. Definately a 'tripod only' toy. But I do like using it for more posed portrait stuff...

D.

Oh, and no, I don't scan my own stuff. Usually when I get a roll of B&W developed I ask for a "low res" cd for an extra 5 bucks or so. If something comes out I really like I then go back and have them do a "high res" scan (anywhere from 8-30 megs a piece) and blow up that image to 16x20 or whatever.

clarinetJWD said:
What sort of film were you using? The tones are gorgeous!
Very nice work!

"The upside down reversed viewfinder makes framing stuff a pain the a$$.."

The very first camera I bought with my very own money was a TLR - when it's all you have you learn to make do. Think of the time when the ROLLEIFLEX was the press camera of choice.

Most reactions

Back