First pic post

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
So go canny!:mrgreen: Just joking, I'm here to learn, so any comments on improvements greatly appreciated.

265ct.jpg

Hoping this fits in a landscape forum as it is now part of the landscape.
Ps. couldn't find guides to allowed image sizes and dimmensions....maybe I didn't look hard enough but hope this is not outside guidlines.
Thanks for looking C&C welcome.
Ken.

hello
the image is a little too big!
i really love this pic, the sky is really threatening!

where was it taken?

That's very impressive. This would have been good as an HDR image.

Wonderful image Ken! The image fits on my screen fine...with some room to spare.
The compo is great. The lines lead you all the way in to the shot. Very nice lighting as well. The dof is perfect with detail to the horizon.

With all that said, my only 'critique' would be that it seems a tiny bit soft?

Welcome to TPF :D

Welcome Ken, really enjoyed your first contribution here... the sky is awesome... looks like a really cool place to wander around with a camera... :thumbup:

i don't think there is a size limit for photos on here, just warn the 56K'ers if there are a few really large files... and usually you just want it to fit on the screen so we can see the whole image without scrolling. This one is a little big on my work computer, but it's a dinky 15" screen... would be fine on my home monitor, i'm sure... everybody's resolution is different...

woodsac said:
Wonderful image Ken! The image fits on my screen fine...with some room to spare.
The compo is great. The lines lead you all the way in to the shot. Very nice lighting as well. The dof is perfect with detail to the horizon.

I agree with all this... nicely done!

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.
Firstly this place is near Alston UK. http://www.durham.gov.uk/killhope/usp.nsf/pws/Killhope+-+About+Us+-+Where+We+Are
Went up there the other week....bit breezy and chilly as it's a really exposed place being on the moors but, worth a visit and unlike someplaces has no restrictions on photography.....needless to say I got quite a few shots.

Processings certainly not my strong point (if I had one) and oversharpening was always something I'd get pulled on. I was a little worried that this would also have the oversharpened feel, especially with all the detail.

Hope this is ok to do.
Here's another from that day.

2copy1filtered2so.jpg

Thanks again.
Ken.

that shot is awsome, i would like to see it in b&w

welcome to the forum. really like what you have to offer and looking forward to seeing more

skiboarder72 said:
mind sharing how you balanced the sky (filters? photoshop?)

The shot was taken handheld and the only filter I used was a C/P, I shoot most of the time using exposure compensation +1 - +2 depending on the histogram and metering for the brightest part of the sky....then bring it together in CS2. I always process the image as a whole (only because I'm not that confident with processing) and only very rarely do any selective editing.
Thanks for your interest and all the other comments.
Ken.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back