first pics: a few flowers and cat

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by tamccain, May 22, 2009.

1. tamccain

tamccain TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well I don't have any fancy equipment. Don't even have an SLR camera, but I am enjoying my new Kodak Camera and some of the stuff it can do. Here are a couple shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would love to hear your feedback on my first photos.

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What kind of CAT is it in the last photo? Looks not like your ordinary pet cat! Is it a wild cat variety of sorts? I like that photo and the lurking/prowling stance of the cat! The only nitpick is the blade of dry grass right alongside its nose...

The two flower photos seem to lack in total sharpness, both of them. You might have moved up a tad too close for the camera to properly focus? Has your dog walked into your frame when you aimed at the rose?

3. tamccain

tamccain TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I am not sure about the cat. We have a lot of strays around here, so who knows if they found some other wild cat to mate with. The cat just came around as I was out. I took several shots, but this one was the coolest.

As to the clarity of the photos, you might be right about being too close. I was trying to deal with a chain link fence. My dog did enter the picture - I kinda think he is cute back there :) I will definitely try and move a little further back for the shots and see what I come up with.