First Pics of my car with my new D90!

boomer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The second the battery finished charging, i went to test her out! LOVE IT!!! i didn't even have time to familiarize myself with many features and options as it was getting dark. mostly changed the ISO accordingly and used Program mode to change up the exposures a little. not all of them came out great but i was pretty happy. now i have to learn about everything the camera can do!

What do you think???

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg
DSC_0074.jpg
DSC_0047.jpg

looks good!
really like 3 and 5
edit: and the last one
nice poses!

Too many pictures to do individual C&C on, but they all seem slightly underexposed to me. Most of the images aren't doing anything for me...just looks like you were playing with a new camera.

Too many pictures to do individual C&C on, but they all seem slightly underexposed to me. Most of the images aren't doing anything for me...just looks like you were playing with a new camera.

Ya, i was messing around. just excited to post my first pics :) funny you mention underexposed because some of the other ones i didn't post were overexposed, so i need to work on getting familiar the exposure characteristics of the camera.

I'm on my work laptop, so I can't comment on the exposure. I'm having a difficult time adjusting my screen, especially since I switch from the LCD to plugging in a junk CRT at work constantly....

The composition of the last shot is nice. I like it. It may be the typical composition you would see an image of a car as, but you did it very well.

All of them are underexposed and blurry. I'm guessing both are caused by shooting handheld when it's getting dark. Get a tripod or better light because (no offense intended) but those look like they were shot with a point and shoot.

All of them are underexposed and blurry. I'm guessing both are caused by shooting handheld when it's getting dark. Get a tripod or better light because (no offense intended) but those look like they were shot with a point and shoot.

ya, pretty much all pics were shot at 800-1600 ISO. and a few were at 3200 ISO so i didn't have to use a tripod. i have a tripod. was just in too much of a hurry and excited to test out the camera :)

they would have definitely come out much cleaner had i used a tripod and a lower ISO.

Love # 3 but it could use a little sharpening.....

Nice Car.. I live down the road from you in Buckeye!

James

o cool! nice to see a fellow AZer! you in the air force? i want to go down by luke air force base to take some pictures of F-16s taking off one of these days :)

I'd suggest taking the best 2-3 max of your pictures and posting them up for C&C and make sure to number them for easy reference when C&C is given.

As for the pics themselves, watch out for your backgrounds. You have a few in there were the background is a bit distracting to the image. Not sure which photo # it is, but there is one that has a pole sticking out from the car. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back