First pics w/ my new D40

Kleetz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,
I got me a D40 for christmas. Finally uploaded some pics i've taken recently. These are some of my very first. Im still learning the camera. I love this hobby, plan on getting a new lens (55-200mm) for my birthday (march) so from now until then i'll be playing around with settings and reading up on things.

Anyway, here they are!! C&C are always welcome!!

Some PS fun with this one:)
2157518176_09b7b01b1d.jpg

2156722799_b3c6b62ca0.jpg

2157516900_160c7bab97.jpg

2156721279_67a86fdceb.jpg

Lastly, one of me (well, kinda!)
2161997325_59ac117261.jpg

If you have suggestions, please feel free to share...

Nice! I really like the first one. From a noob to a noob, you are doing great! Keep on shooting.

Love the sharpness, and post processing :thumbup:

P.S. i have a shirt just like that (depending on what colour the stripes are lol) :D

^ thanks for all the comments!!! :mrgreen: I really love this camera; Hell, this hobby in general!!

Hey Kleetz,
How did you get that vignetting on the third one? These look really good to me.

Thanks for sharing.

You have a good eye and some great shots! From a fellow D40 owner congrats on the new camera

DadOf2; First off, thanks for the comment. That third one was done with a macro lens and some focus! Thats it!

Coldow91; Thanks for the comment, greatly appreciated! Hows that 55-200mm lens working out for you? I'm going to end up getting one when my birthday rolls around...want to know what others think about it. Especially the VR feature. Let me know...

Thanks!!!

Suggestions? Last photo... flip it. (we wanna read Nikon) ;o)

Hey Kleetz,
For the last one; Try horizontal flip. Just a thought...

Coldow91; Thanks for the comment, greatly appreciated! Hows that 55-200mm lens working out for you? I'm going to end up getting one when my birthday rolls around...want to know what others think about it. Especially the VR feature. Let me know...

Thanks!!!
the 55-200mm vr is a great lens, the VR really helps when shooting at the longer focal lengths and it is pretty much needed if you plan on hand holding your shots on anything but sunny days. For the price you just can't beat what you get.

Personally I think that I am going to sell mine soon (when's your birthday? ;) ) because I am more into wide angle and landscape photography and I don't use this lens much, but when I have it has been great!!

If you want an example picture there is one here http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1077744#post1077744 taken at 55mm

dpolston and DadOf2; Great idea, Thanks for the suggestion!

Coldow91; That is a stunning picture! Love it. Birthday is in March so if you still plan on getting rid of it i'll take it off your hands.

Most reactions

Back