First pics with new camera

pantherballhp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
purchased a D3000 last week for my first SLR camera. this was a dead cosmo i believe. i liked it because of the little bit of life coming from the pink.

DSC_0059.jpg

Well... You've got a great sharp focus on the top of the flower, but if you liked the "little bit of life coming from the pink" then I think that should be the focus of your shot. Because, even after you tell me why you took this shot, I still don't pick up on the message or the reason this shot was taken. So, I guess in summary, I would work on getting the focus on the subject.

I actually like the place of focus. To me it says that you're drawing attention to the death of the flower, and unknowingly, its coming back to life. Sorry my dad's kind of hippie and sometimes the genes show through.

so what lense and and settings did you use?

so what lense and and settings did you use?

18-55 lens
f/5.6 aperture
i don't remember the shutter speed. probably 1/13 i think

thanks for the critique guys i didn't think about it till now but i should've shot from the bottom up.

I love it!
Can you expand on that?
What about this image really sends you?

It leaves me nonplussed.
I think the background is a little competitive.
I think the shot is too tight, and could benefit from some droopy curved stems, crinkled drying leaves. Something to add to the composition, and story. Right now it's all like BAM, there it is, move along.

But then again...OMTIAMT.

if you liked the "little bit of life coming from the pink" then I think that should be the focus of your shot.

that's not the focus though. like one of the aforementioned posts its the fact that the life is there while the flower is still dead that i liked. I emphasized the death of the flower.

Most reactions

Back