First picture I have ever shot.

thEdOt.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a 14 year old kid who has never touched a camera before today, lol. And on Christmas Morning, one of my presents was a Nikon 5.1 Megapixel digital camera. This is what I've done so far.

I would appreciate any complements, critiques, and ways to improve my next shot.

Please keep in mind I have absolutely NO photography experience, this is the first piece I have created.

36118.jpg

Thanks!

for the first shot EVER... not too bad! the black and white works with the dirty wheel.

keep shooting! there's no way to improve other than shooting more and more... hope to see more from you :)

-Dan

Here is the 2nd image I have created. Tell me what you think!

36221.jpg

I like this one a lot, but it's lacking a bit of clarity.

I couldnt get a clear image either zoomed nor just taking the picture
from close.

Please excuse my n00bishness lol. But, what technique must I use
to get a clear, close up image.

if your camera has a macro function (usually shown by a symbol of a flower) allows you to focus much closer than just Auto mode. :)

Indeed it does, and boy does it work.

Im gonna go take some more pictures, close up.

I will be sure to post the results.

Thanks for the help.

hmmm, not bad for a 14 year old. nice b&w and close up all with signatures embedded.. :wink:

JonMikal said:
hmmm, not bad for a 14 year old. nice b&w and close up all with signatures embedded.. :wink:

I agree :)

Hello again, I'm just posting one last shot before I hit the sheets.

36372.jpg

How's it look? Comments, suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm impressed with the DOF of the first one.

Thats a great shot of the book (my favourite one so far of yours). I saw that you said you would like critique, so I could offer mine. Although I already notice that it could be more of an "emotional" type of shot, i think what I personally would have done is find a line or phrase that stands out or has a deep meaning to it, and put the main focus on that, rather then slowly fading into the blur. Although i did like the composition of your shot and you could see a little story out of it in a sense, thats just my personal preference on how i would have done it. And do you have any Photo editing programs such as Photoshop? Not all "fresh out of the gate" or "young" digital photographers know photoshop head to toe, just wondering because even if you have great camera equipment, you can still make things better with photoshop (my one true love). Great Shots <thumbs up>

Thank you very much Clark.

I do have Photoshop, and I most definetely know how to use it.

I'm young, but I have a lot of experience with graphics editing.

I'll try to get a shot and photoshop it in the next couple hours.

Thanks!

If you really want crits - try posting in the critique gallery. ;-)
What image size you posting. They were so slow to load.

My first photoshopped image (I have previous Ps experience though)

Tell me what you think!

37420.jpg

Im also gonna put this in the critique forum.

Thanks!

Also: Try and guess what this picture is of. :)

Most reactions

Back