First picture post...C&C?...

hopdaddy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I expected a hand-slap for posting the pix wrong, but even Barbra Eden had to cross her arms & bounce her head, so moving a mouse to open a file shouldn't be too bad.

If you think it's crap,say-so, but also say why it's crap!!

Read this for posting pics http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...hotos-flickr-photobucket-pictorial-guide.html

#1: I like this one. It is somewhat dull in color though ( I assume it was a cloudy day) and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at. Try to have a subject in your pictures.

#2: This is my favorite of the three. I think or vantage point could have been better.

#3: great area to shoot, but once again I have no idea what i'm supposed to be looking at. I assume it's the waterfall. A better shot at the waterfall would be getting closer and have again, a more intersting vantage point.

Overall they're looking pretty good. Keep shooting!

<>Dylan<>

Here you go.

3612743516_992b547c40.jpg

3612744154_68fd9a1e9a.jpg

3611927829_cc6888ab79.jpg

Read this for posting pics http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...hotos-flickr-photobucket-pictorial-guide.html

#1: I like this one. It is somewhat dull in color though ( I assume it was a cloudy day) and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at. Try to have a subject in your pictures.

#2: This is my favorite of the three. I think or vantage point could have been better.

#3: great area to shoot, but once again I have no idea what i'm supposed to be looking at. I assume it's the waterfall. A better shot at the waterfall would be getting closer and have again, a more intersting vantage point.

<>Dylan<>
Thank you .... this is a lesson i needed,sad thing is i have many "SNAP-SHOTS" just like these i often stare at and ponder what is missing?
"hello.....maybe a subject"
At this point of my life i have no need to become a professional
but i have a grand desire to be able to think as one,again thank you

And thank you Sherman Banks.......I shall do better in the future!
next time i will preview before posting.

And thank you Sherman Banks.......I shall do better in the future!
next time i will preview before posting.

No problem, nice shots too. Only advice I'd provide would be to stay aware of how your filling your frame in terms of proportions. These shots all look like they'd benefit from the opposite focal length you shot them at (zoom out on 1,2 and zoom in on 3). Nice clarity and contrast though! Keep it up :thumbup:.

#1 - Image is overexposed and seems to be tilting to the right. The pile or smooth rocks on the right is something I would have liked to see more of.

#2 - What's the subject? The ocean or the rocks? What are you trying to say with this shot?

#3 - The waterfall looks neat...is it the main subject of this shot?

Taking Better Pictures: Composition

Photo Composition - Your Photo As A Story

Good Photo Composition Is Essential

Learn Photo Composition

How To Make A Killer Photo Using 8 Simple Composition Rules

The Golden Section In Photo Composition

How To Improve Your Photography - 5 Easy Tricks

Digital Photography Composition Tips

<>Dylan<>
Thank you .... this is a lesson i needed,sad thing is i have many "SNAP-SHOTS" just like these i often stare at and ponder what is missing?
"hello.....maybe a subject"
At this point of my life i have no need to become a professional
but i have a grand desire to be able to think as one,again thank you

What you're missing is composition.

#1 - Image is overexposed and seems to be tilting to the right. The pile or smooth rocks on the right is something I would have liked to see more of.

#2 - What's the subject? The ocean or the rocks? What are you trying to say with this shot?

#3 - The waterfall looks neat...is it the main subject of this shot?

Taking Better Pictures: Composition

Photo Composition - Your Photo As A Story

Good Photo Composition Is Essential

Learn Photo Composition

How To Make A Killer Photo Using 8 Simple Composition Rules

The Golden Section In Photo Composition

How To Improve Your Photography - 5 Easy Tricks

Digital Photography Composition Tips
Thank you,looks like i will be doing some studding tonight,
My idea behind the shots were "What's on the other side?"
"Is there something under the waterfall?"
looks like i missed it,But I will study composition,learn,practice,and return,