First picture Post

rho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
New here and I just like to share a few shot's I took with the D100 and cheap lenses. I just recently got back into the game and will probably start hitting the shutter again...

Hope you like them.. comments always welcome.

fall_leaf.jpg

alms_pit.jpg

js_6.jpg

I like the first one, the water is nicely blurred I love water shots though.
The second one, I'm not sure about, it looks too busy and the narrow apeture means the image is all in focus, it works for some images but not here. I appreciate the problems with the limited lenses so I'm not too troubled but a wider apeture (if available) would have helped the messy background. I guess you couldn't have asked the guy with his arm in the right hand side of the shot to move so I guess you could just crop it in.
The third one is great, but a general rule of action shots is to have the subject traveling from left to right (which you've done) and to leave the subject room to "move into", which you haven't, but you could have had you taken it holding the camera horizontaly.

Overall, great shots but the composition of the last two ain't so good.

I think they are all really good... I dont feel that the 2nd pic anthing is distracting because you can kinda see what is going on... The car is in pit and it is being refueled. I also like the 2nd too... I say good work

GreenSlime89 said:
and to leave the subject room to "move into", which you haven't, but you could have had you taken it holding the camera horizontaly.

If you don't mind me asking what do you mean by "move into"?

rho... I like the shots but like greenslime had stated the last two are lacking composition. I would have liked to see the whole motorcycle in the last one, but I like how well you panned it (much better than I could have ever done).

Thanks to all who replied. The constructive criticism is what I was looking for (and is noted) and I truly appreciate any/all advice. :thumbup:

Thanks for checking them out!

(just in case, none of the pics were cropped but I guess I should experiment to improve the composition)

BoblyBill said:
If you don't mind me asking what do you mean by "move into"?

rho... I like the shots but like greenslime had stated the last two are lacking composition. I would have liked to see the whole motorcycle in the last one, but I like how well you panned it (much better than I could have ever done).

Well it's always good to see where the subject is going to go, also it helps if you press the shutter a smidgen too late you might salvage a good shot.

Most reactions

Back