First picture upload...C&C welcome

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first uploaded pictures. They are from this past weekend, where I forced myself to take all pictures set on manual. Next to no Photoshop touchups. I can see a bunch of things I'd like to do different, but I'd love your honest C&C.

I'm trying to improve as best I can and its only with honesty that I will. Thanks!

rugbycoach.jpg

rugbyscrum.jpg

rugbytackle.jpg

UrbanGraffiticorner.jpg

UrbanGraffitifaces.jpg

UrbanGraffitihorseman.jpg

UrbanGraffitishark.jpg

looking back at what I posted, I need more work on the focusing of the subjects. Lots of the rugby shots are oof.

Sports photography is tough when you do not have a fast lens. Just keep at it and they will get better. I love the last graffiti picture and you might want to crop the grey brick at the bottom just underneath the names. Besides that just keep at it and they will get better.

I figured no harm shooting with my current lens and get in the practice haha.

Thanks for the cc :)

Hmm the graffiti ones look a little under exposed, I see you have the XSI did it come with Canon Photo Pro. editor?
It is the editor I used just to brighten it up a little. You can also do other things like contrast, saturation.. levels etc..
I don't use photoshop personally so you probably are more advanced than me..
UrbanGraffitishark2-vi.jpg

The colours themselves were pretty dark and intense. I'll play with the exposure in PS and see what it gives.

Playing with RAW standard settings (exposure, brightness, white balance,..) is pretty much my limit in terms of PS :)

Most reactions

Back