"First Pictures" for cc

What

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please tell all, the good, the bad and the ugly. Also, do they look noisey?
I did not crop number 2. In ps when I i try adjust the levels it makes her fur looks to bright. What could I do to improve these....

1.)
DSC_0201-1.jpg

2.)
DSC_0195-1.jpg

Its either me or you were trying to hide something in the first one? You can see the spots on the right of the picture

Looks like you have to make special effort with lighting to provide better detail on that dog's face, since it's so dark.
I think for the outside pics I'd try and spot meter on the face, which may blow out your backround, but just come in for a tighter crop. :))

Yes, I was trying to hide the leash. OOps! bad ps'ing...

I will try spot meeter on her face today, same time..

Thank you..

Does this look any better? First time I tried to spot meter. She wouldn't keep still. I would have liked to have captured both eyes. But it's just for practice.....

copy.jpg

Nice :)
going well and looks like you shooting in good evening/morning lighting - so soft light to work with which is really helping a lot.

Getting both eyes would be idea and you could experiment with using flash for fill light (set your flash exposure compensation to underexpose the flash - say around one stop to avoid blowing out hte light with the flash) Also get some white toilet paper and fold it over a few times and then hold this (elastic band) infront of the flash for a cheap diffuser, unless you have a better diffuser already.

or try and get her facing right into the light

I do not have a diffuser. What type of elastic band do you mean?

Tomorrow at the same time, I will try both things seperate (her facing the light and diffuser). Hopefuly the weather won't be freezing again....

Thank you so much for sharing such great advice : ) Can't wait to try again tomorrow......

just an ordinary elastic band - use it to hold the toiletpaper over the flash (so that you can keep you hand free to hold the camera) just make sure that the band does not cover the flash face - otherwise it will block the light (which you don't want)

Most reactions

Back