First Pictures Major Help

SimplyRelentless

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alright so I just got my Rebel XT read up a little bit and here are some of the first pictures that came out, I don't know whats wrong they just look weird. I need some major help on what settings or how I could have improved?

1-3.jpg

2-2.jpg

those look to be very difficult conditions for good landscape photographs. I'm not sure what you could do to help, atlhough they seem to be a little underexposed.

Don's correct; those are difficult conditions, and the images are under-exposed. #1 is a case where a graduated neutral-density filter would have definitely helped, #2 is a bit tougher, I'm thinking that HDR would have been the way to go with that. A lot of getting that perfect shot is knowing when to shoot and when not to; you might walk by an idyllic stream with a little bridge and think that it's going to be an amazing capture, but then you realize that it's noon, and the like is terrible, so you come back at 8.00am the next morning... waiting for a different time/different conditions might have been the ultimate answer here.

Underexposed what exactly does that mean? And HDR what is that and how do you do it?

Underexposed what exactly does that mean? And HDR what is that and how do you do it?

Under-exposed means that your image is too dark, not enough light has hit the sensor. "HDR" stands for High-dynamic-range image, a technique whereby several images are taken of the scene at varying exposures and layered using special software which adjusts the highlights to be a more even overall exposures.

If you're asking questions such as, "What is under-exposure", I'd suggest a trip down to your local library, and browse their photography section for some basic 'How to' books; even if they're old film books, the techniques of exposure haven't changed.

Oh alright makes sense I didn't want to make them so bright and blow out the sky, guess I made them to dark. And to do an HDR could I use Photoshop or is there something else that does it.

light.jpg

I need some more creative ideas ha, didn't have gas money today so could only deal with what is outside my house. Tomorrow I will be able to travel but still going to be cloudy =/

Most reactions

Back