First Pictures

RokyRoc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First Pictures with new Panasonic Lumiz TZ5 camera. Let me know what you think.
P1000936.jpg

P1010526.jpg

P1020166.jpg

P1020169.jpg

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

i dont see micheal phelps, i really like the ferris wheel and the last one although i do feel that the last one is a bit too warm and most of them seem a little underexposed

i really like the first shot and the last shot. in the first, the clouds sort of looks like fire.

1. Nice sky and pretty well exposed. Try positioning the horizon along the bottom third of the frame or even shoot this in portrait to get enough foreground and keep plenty of sky.

2. Interesting subject but a poor perspective. there's far too much happening in the foreground and much of it is obscuring your subject.

3 has some very nice light, a nice silhouette and is pretty sharp. Again too much happening in the foreground though.

4 is not bad but a little dark, leaning to the right and again foreground distraction. It would really benefit from a more interesting composition.

5 is over exposed and you're a little close to it. Try stepping back and including some background. If the backgrounds rubbish try getting in really close and pick out a particular point of detail and experiment with the DOF.

6 again badly over exposed. You could also bring your angle around to the right to minimise the bush on the left obscuring your subject and include the edge of the pond on the right.

Overall try and get close to your subjects so there are no obstruction or distractions, watch you verticals and horizontals or at least learn to correct them in photoshop, try adding some contrast to the shots to bring out the detail.

And keep shooting.

i dont see micheal phelps, i really like the ferris wheel and the last one although i do feel that the last one is a bit too warm and most of them seem a little underexposed

haha yeah i would have liked a picture with him too.

thanks for your input, but I dont quite understand the whole under/over exposure. Could you explain it a little bit more indepth?

For the 4th photo, I think you should crop the image a bit to correct the angle of the building and flagpoles. They seem to be leaning towards the right, and it looks a little weird to me.

I like the photo of the dragon statue a lot, but I think it may be a bit over exposed. It looks kind of washed out in the background.

To attempt to answer your question about exposure, the way I understand it is this. An overexposed photo, is one where the light areas are blown out, and pure white, (or just overly bright, which can be wrong for some scenes) resulting in loss of detail. For example, the sky in your last photo. (Of course, if you had exposed to get the details in the sky, the rest of your photo may have been to dark to make out).

Underexposure is pretty much the same thing, just affecting the shadows of an image.

Hope that helps, but someone with more experience could probably provide a better explanation.

Also congrats on making it to Beijing. That's pretty awesome.

So adjust the lighting to best show different aspects of the picture.

Got it!

Thanks!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back