First portrait shoot attempt C&C welcome

charlie_merrifi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are all straight from the camera with no editing.

IMG_0593.jpg

A pretty good first effort.
Your lights look kinda hard and I use pretty much only soft light so how to work with them I'm not sure but if nothing else I would try and move your subject(s) farther from your backdrop.

yeah im using flourescent lights. i need to make a soft box for them.

You can also move them away from the background. The use of a softbox and some distance from the background should get rid of the harsh shadows you see silhouetting them.

yeah four women. Even the dog is female. Should i move my lights closer?. I am Using two 48 inch hanging shop lights standing verticly for the lighting.

Should i move my lights closer?. I am Using two 48 inch hanging shop lights standing verticly for the lighting.

I'm trying to picture your setup. Are these two lights the kind with two flourescent tubes? If so, that's pretty soft light already. I can't imagine you need a soft box for them.

How close to the subjects are the lamps now?

I'm seeing mostly an onborad flash. My first thought is turn that off.

-Pete

yes it is the two tube lights. They ere probably 5-8 feet from the girls. And I did have the pop up flash on.

yes it is the two tube lights. They ere probably 5-8 feet from the girls. And I did have the pop up flash on.

I recommend this:

Turn off the flash.
Position one light about 5 feet from your subjects, off to one side.
Position second light 9-10 feet from subject, close to center.

Try this. See if you get results you like.

-Pete

Most reactions

Back