First portraits - Experimeting

hape

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photomagie.eu
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First portraits made outside as I do not have any studio facilities or proper lighting.
Taken against the sky with Oly E-300, 40-150mm@approx. 70mm
Been experimenting
Some images are left as is, some modified, some turned into black and white and softened

Would like suggestions, feedback and critics

51089.jpg

51092.jpg

All 9 shots are here
http://www.photomagie.eu/gallery_66.php

Feddback and suggestions welcome
Sincerely
Helmut

First of all good composition and, in most cases, good framing of image

IMO, these are generally underexposed. Thus the face tones are a little muddy. And in a couple of them, the hair looks like it might be oversharpened or extracted from a busier background.

The selective color, IMO, is a mistake. Too bright red and wrong hue in a red-tinged phot. I wold redo this with more careful attention to the backlit subject.

First of all good composition and, in most cases, good framing of image

IMO, these are generally underexposed. Thus the face tones are a little muddy. And in a couple of them, the hair looks like it might be oversharpened or extracted from a busier background.

The selective color, IMO, is a mistake. Too bright red and wrong hue in a red-tinged phot. I wold redo this with more careful attention to the backlit subject.

Thank you,
suppose the biggest problem is the overexposed backgroud ( white sky ) that makes it look like the head being cut out.
The hair is that red, dyed half an hour before ...
Nothing was done in regards of colors in the second image.

Sincerely
Helmut

I like the composition and her expression in #1, but the lip color is really distracting. #1 would be much better if it were totally BW.

Most reactions

Back