First Portraits

gravy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not people, but drums! for the shop I work at... let me know what you think...

t'was the 50mm f/1.8 on the D50

484146638_a66de9a66c.jpg

2. (this is my signature snare)
484179255_d836ef78f7.jpg

484145554_69878b9158.jpg

I like the last one the most by a lot because of all the different colors that are reflecting off the subject. None of them really grab me though. The backgrounds are sort of boring (which I understand because you must have wanted to really emphasize the subject). But don't be afraid to take risks with your backgrounds.

Good pix of the drums.
With the solid color background and pedestal, you could slide in some neat backgrounds with minor PSing. Skies, Clouds, Angels.

so, you mean like this, right? I've spent all afternoon on it, so I hope I got it right...

angelsnare.jpg

Hell, yes.
If you like, you could even take out the black pedestal and replace it with a fleecy cloud.

Good job, but you might want to take the eraser tool and clean up the edges.. you can see some of the original background around the drum.

The easiest way to do stuff like this is to take the magnetic tool (which will "grab" the edges), cut or copy it into a new document and paste. Although you might want to do the background before you do all of that. When you get the copy and paste done, go around the edges with the eraser tool to clean it up a little..

That's how I do it, anyway and get great results. Oh, I'm assuming you're using Photoshop.

I like the originals myself. The new background is kinda flat and the light reflecting off of the drum (as well as the reflections from you) make no sense whatsoever with that background. The original would've been great for a cataloge. Sometimes it's good to stick with your gut..

Nice job, though!

hahah you guys are awesome :)

thanks for the tips!

p.s. I didn't really work on it all afternoon ;)

Most reactions

Back