First Post .. a few pics

davis10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
1. I liked the light here

2. could be sharper

4. Dont know how to get rid of the lense flare here?

Let me know what you think .. OTE

Nope :)

There are so many posts in this forum, it's very easy to overlook some of them. I prefer #1 out of the series. I think with some selective dodging in PS, you could really make those trees 'POP'. But it's nice as is.

Welcome!

I agree - there are so many posts here sometimes they get overlooked. In my experience there is no "easy" way to get rid of lens flare - there are actions and filters for Photoshop but they honestly don't work well. You're better off with the stamp tool and a big glass of Coke. ;) Avoid shooting towards the sun and carry a big lens hood.

I like you shots, but perhaps a little post processing would help. Did you do anything to the pics after they were taken?

I say you said "OTE" so I took a second to adjust one of yours - I like the first one the best. It might be too bright for some, and the lighting is cool in your version, but it's just another look at the same image.

BEFORE

birchlighteg3.jpg

AFTER

DEWbirchlighteg3.jpg

I wish I had that kind of scenery at my disposal. I love the fall/deer hunt theme to this series of pictures.

I really like number 2. I like how you selectively blurred the person in the foreground and the way the branches frame the picture at the top.

Dewey, the way you processed that picture is amazing, how do you do that?

I like the processing a lot, I didn't have time to mess with these at all in photoshop. I don't have too much experience in photoshop, so it takes me a long time to do stuff. What did you do to that one? levels?

I also have two more pictures of shot one with different exposure settings, one with the trees less underexposed. I was going to try a HDR but I didn't use a tripod and although I haven't tried it before I've read that the composition must be exactly the same or it won't work

i like 1 and 2 ... could do a bit with levels as suggested, brightening the shades.

the composition in the last one is a bit off... but then again it is animals, and they don't always do what they are supposed to do ;) ... but cropping on the one in the lower right corner could help here (if the overall resolution allows such an extreme crop).

great landscape you have at hand there :)

Photoshop is a tough one to learn, but just like photography in general it get's better with time. It took me 30 seconds and all I did was 1) Adjust the shadow/highlights 2) Adjust the contrast 3) Adjust the saturation.

Of course you can spent much MORE time with the image in PS, but sometimes it's not needed for basic processing. I avoid curves unless I have a few minutes to spend with a photo... it took more time for me to add your photo to my hosting account than it took to process the image - sometimes less Photoshop tinkering is better ;)

It you have CS2 it has an "auto align" feature for HDR you can try - it seems to work pretty well but it's hit or miss depending on the image.

i normally only do some adjustments in RAW to jpeg conversion. PS in my case is reserved for the bad cases ;)

hm....I agree with dewey....experience & imagination and u will grow up.....about lens flare-visor can help i think) good luck)

Most reactions

Back