First post; a few shots here and there!

Ferret2002

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Feel more than free to comment on anything that I've done! Some shots were modified using software, but most are straight from the CF card. I really need to start cropping and "presenting" an actual picture, I do know that.
IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7280.jpg

coloryy.jpg

174.jpg

276.jpg

ware2.jpg

IMG_7193.jpg

I'm a wee tired, so I'll just restrict my comments to the first one (word of advice, whenever asking for C&C, limiting the number of pictures you present at a time is good, so that people viewing don't say "oh dear heavens no, I'm not commenting on all that" ;) ).

Anyway, the first photo looks underexposed, and given that those flowers are white, it might have been wise to use highlight tone priority. I see you're shooting with the Canon 400D, which should have HTP. You shot that at f/10, so you could easily bump up the exposure by stopping-up the aperture and in the process get a shallower depth-of-field to bring out the subject more. I also get the sense that you might have been trying to get the flower(s) in the centre as the subjects, but they get lost in background clutter. Choosing a more contrasting background, by repositioning yourself to get the other flowers more out of the way, will work wonders.

Thanks for the advice, I do appreciate all of it. That picture wasn't exactly my favorite, but it stuck out for me even if it just reminded me of the flowers in real life haha. I really should have moved to a different angle, but would have most likely peeved off the owner of the property :(

Most reactions

Back