First post, C&C please!

FastasEF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, this is my first post on here so please, DON'T HOLD BACK, lol. The fiance and I just recently purchased a new camera, (Sony DSC-H20), and have been playing around in it's manual mode. (I DO see a DSLR in the near future! :mrgreen:) But for now this will suffice and help me to learn ISO, shutter speed, aperture, etc.

The only huge downside so far is that when not zoomed at all the only aperture settings are f/3.5 and f/8.0. Depending on how much you zoom you get f/4.0-f/9.0 and f/4.4-f/10. Would like f/2.8 or so but beggars can't be choosers! ... or something.

Anyways, sorry for the linking but these images are on my PC and I'm on the laptop.

Flickr Photo Download: Porsche Panamera S
Flickr Photo Download: Mill
Yoshi aka Kitty on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The kitty image has been touched up in PS :blushing: . All the other images on my Flickr page were taken with an older camera.

I think you should try the porsche shot with a different background. The cat photo could use less contrast and maybe some changes in processing other than that. Sorry, I don't know much about PP so I can't give you specific tips.

I would love to do the Porsche with a different background but it's at a dealership. I know I'm pretty limited with the Porsche as I can't move it but as far as settings with the camera or angles to make it look a little sharper or stand out more any info would be appreciated.

(As well as C&C! lol.)

I don't mind the background that much on the car. It has an interesting angle to it and I think if you had set the camera lower, near or on the ground, it would accentuate that and make the car look a little more intimidating. That and maybe pan just slightly to the right so that the Porsche sign on the building isn't cut off. Not much you can do about the window sticker of course but it is distracting.

I think if you had set the camera lower, near or on the ground, it would accentuate that and make the car look a little more intimidating. That and maybe pan just slightly to the right so that the Porsche sign on the building isn't cut off

Most reactions

Back