*first post ever* I need some help and knowledge.

When I say portable lighting system I mean you could buy some type of power generator and then buy some strong lights to hook up to it.

With the horrendous cost for a generator and crappy lighting results... its a waste, big time.

A lighting stand (maybe not even needed), an optical (peanut) trigger and an off camera strobe will do 100 times better at 1/10th the price.

- light stand: $20
- peanut trigger: $10
- off camera strobe: $80-100

The results: compared to a generator and constant on lights? TREMENDOUSLY better and a good start. Of course if you want more strobes or better control, thats where the money starts to come in... but the above setup is VERY functional.

One more thing to mention with the D300 is that with it's incredible images at high ISO's, you may be able to capture those shots without a flash. Just a thought.

BTW, what the hell is a peanut trigger?

Welcome to the forum. A suggestion: I doubt that you need slaved flashes, not sure, but, it may be more than you should bite off all at once. If I were shooting this type of event I would set the on camera flash to "rear curtain" to preserve the action sequences. You say you're buying a D 300 so it should have "rear curtain" in its settings for flash photography.

Most reactions

Back