First post, first photo!

Karsten V

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.viese.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first post and my first photo posted with my new camera.
I just invested in a new camera, a Nikon D80 with the kit lenz.

I spend the first day taking a few photos and settled for the best one and have now looked at it for a couple of days. I wasn't quite happy with the final photo and decided to go back at re-take the picture.

This got at little better exposed which is fine and it gave more detail in the bike. Its actually a white bike but its kinda look like its blown out or something. This was worse in the first session and the main reason I went back for a second shoot.
The second time the sun was way to bright and to high in the sky.
So another free lesson was learned (Don't shoot around noon).

Anyway heres the photo. Changed to b/w and cropped in PS.

And C&C welcome :)

539078647_dbb1135210_o.jpg

welcome to the forum :)

I like the coposition of that image.... maybe the bike could be at a different angle to make it look less stiff and less arranged.

hey, i was in Denmark for a couple of hours last week :)

Thanks.

Well I didn't actually place the bike next to the tracks myself. I'm standing 25 meters above the tracks on a pedestrian bridge and had no way to rotate the bike to create a better composition :)

Kinda scary. It's like the kid just got hit by th train. There is something about the position though. Hmm....for me....I don't know. Would it be better to just have like half the bike showing?

~Michael~

i like the position of the bike. Great B&W conversion too. but this could be a really sinister photo if you wanted it to be.

Thanks alot.

I forgot to mention that I corrected to lines/perspective in post as well, to line up almost perfect. I didn't want them right on the lines so I did that by eyes instead on using the rulers :)

Hey Karsten, welcome to The Photo Forum!
This is a very good first photo, cool introduction pic, and I do like the graphic aspect of it, the clearness all over, of the lines and shapes, interspersed with the rubble and the bike with its shadow.
I am not surprised to hear that this scene impressed you so you went back to take a new, better photo! If the bike stays there "forever", you might eventually also get winter photo of it with snow covering half of it? ;)

Thanks LaFoto (my neighbourgh to the south)

Hopefully the bike will not still be there when winter comes.
This is a fairly busy track with trains running by each 20 minuts, so they "should" clear it often :)

But I 've heard that there is often bikes on the tracks at this location.
Seems like people get a kick out of throwing bikes down from the overpassing bridge.

So Its not unlikely I can get a wintershot as well, but it could be a different bike :)

Might start a photo-collection!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back