First post of photographs B&W

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a picture of a close up of a flower in a pond.
Taken with a Fujifilm s1000fd.

3655396351_d65491f56f_b.jpg

all comments are welcomed

What are the options available of converting to B&W? I typically use Adobe -> Gray Scale - I'm not a Photoshop pro (only have CS2 now. I know...way outdated) - but this falls short of the kind of effect I'm looking for.

CS2 is a solid program. In CS2 you can use the channel mixer to get more control over your B&W processing. Note that converting to a greyscale is one of the worst ways to convert to B&W; it tosses all your colour data out.

Check this out.

The one process not mention is something available in LR2 and CS4, which is setting your image to monochrome like the channel mixer, except you can edit the luminance of colours with much more accuracy (red, orange, green, aqua, blue, purple, magenta instead of just red, green, blue). Personally I use that method, when I'm not using Silver Efex Pro (though I'm almost solely using Silver Efex for B&W conversion now).

converted using cs4. can't remember the name of the process now but i think its the mixer. had some preset b&w settings and the mixer under it

Sweet. Props for using the channel mixer; much better way of going about it than just greyscaling the image. :thumbup:

converted using cs4. can't remember the name of the process now but i think its the mixer. had some preset b&w settings and the mixer under it

Sweet. Props for using the channel mixer; much better way of going about it than just greyscaling the image. :thumbup:

Thanks musicaleCA. will post more pics soon

What does the full color version look like? I'm not a fan of B&W conversions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back