First post, please critique

scoami

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went to the NHL "Salute to a Generation of Stars" this past Monday with my new 50mm 1.8 lens. Please let me know what you think. This was my first time to shoot indoor sports. Thanks.

73438984.cLKlUcYc.jpg

73438617.Ouk7iPAD.jpg

73438813.gtZdQhtx.jpg

73438759.uZOMSQ83.jpg

i like the middle one best. the first doesnt have enough feeling in my opinion, and same for the last.

i would stamp out that distracting scratch mark on the middle shot. otherwise, i think its amazing, and such crisp focus too

im pretty impressed you got that type of shot with a 50mm (id expect a zoom or something)

im especially more impressed that you got such nice shots with indoor lighting. i know how much of a pain that can be...

i like the middle one best. the first doesnt have enough feeling in my opinion, and same for the last.

i would stamp out that distracting scratch mark on the middle shot. otherwise, i think its amazing, and such crisp focus too

im pretty impressed you got that type of shot with a 50mm (id expect a zoom or something)

im especially more impressed that you got such nice shots with indoor lighting. i know how much of a pain that can be...

Thanks for the advice. I was sitting on the first row, so the 50mm was all I needed. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I will try to remove the scratch and see how it looks.

Hey, Sid did show up at the game. I was beginning to wonder about that... ;-)

Try adjusting levels and USM on #1 and crop so that the skater is on the left, looking into the pic.

Again, try cropping #2 so that you loose the two figures on the left and the skater is looking into the pic.

Like the idea behind #3, but doesn't quite work for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back