First post, please critique

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by scoami, Jan 24, 2007.

1. scoami

scoami TPF Noob!

Went to the NHL "Salute to a Generation of Stars" this past Monday with my new 50mm 1.8 lens. Please let me know what you think. This was my first time to shoot indoor sports. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hazzayoungn

hazzayoungn TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    i like the middle one best. the first doesnt have enough feeling in my opinion, and same for the last.

i would stamp out that distracting scratch mark on the middle shot. otherwise, i think its amazing, and such crisp focus too

im pretty impressed you got that type of shot with a 50mm (id expect a zoom or something)

im especially more impressed that you got such nice shots with indoor lighting. i know how much of a pain that can be...

3. scoami

scoami TPF Noob!

Thanks for the advice. I was sitting on the first row, so the 50mm was all I needed. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I will try to remove the scratch and see how it looks.

4. theusher

theusher TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey, Sid did show up at the game. I was beginning to wonder about that... ;-)

5. mat wildlife

mat wildlife TPF Noob!

Try adjusting levels and USM on #1 and crop so that the skater is on the left, looking into the pic.

Again, try cropping #2 so that you loose the two figures on the left and the skater is looking into the pic.

Like the idea behind #3, but doesn't quite work for me.