First Post - So I'll share a few shots

LaserSailor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there, Ryan here, I'm a student/amateur photographer. I'm getting back into photography this semester with a digital photography course. this is my first college level course after a four year break from HS photo (I was in the Navy). So here are a few shots I did the other day of my sister Jessica and her husband Ryan (yeah wierd), as their official "preggo photos", what do you think?

3231840755_84949dcedb.jpg

This first one was somewhat challanging as the sun was rapidly setting behind them and I do not have an external flash. I like this one beacause the kiss was not posed, he leaned in just as I released the shutter.

3232747520_d5a3e13b18.jpg

This one proved to be my favorite of the shoot, again I didn't pose them I just let them do whatever. I copied the flower, converted the image to grayscale and repasted the flower in it's original position. My sister loves this effect and I had fun doing it for her.

3231840365_8e3a613f97.jpg

I did have to pose this one, and would like some feedback. I've never had any classes or training on posing people for portraits but tried to go for a candid natural look. I think I got it, do you?

That's it for now, I had a blast taking these and cannot wait for my nephew to arrive (March) to take some of him!

1. i like the composition...their faces are a tad dark though...and it would have been better if she wasn't looking at the camera....

2. i love this one.

3. nice pose but the photo seems crooked.

Most reactions

Back