First post with a few pics...

shay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few pics I have recently taken. Please let me know what you think and what I can do to make them better. I am still learning so all help will be appreciated, thanks!

DSCN0028.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

truckbw.jpg

Stop doing this.​

They also seem to have exposure issues, and did you shoot the last 3 in a moving vehicle by chance?

Last edited:
everything looks so soft and no details from the grass. They all blend in together.

The water pic just doesn't have the color to make it look nice.

the first two are flat.

on the second two scenes there's not enough focus on the subject with scenes without much else going on. you have a tiny waterfall. capture just it. you have an interesting truck, capture just it.

Since you note your photos are ok to edit, here's my stabbity-stab-stab at an edit of the truck photo:

Truck.jpg

overall a nice start. your photos look a lot like mine did a year ago. research the Rule of Thirds. That should be a good place to start - Good Luck!

Stop doing this.​

They also seem to have exposure issues, and did you shoot the last 3 in a moving vehicle by chance?
Thanks for the info. No, they weren't taken from moving vehicle....will look into the exposure issue. Thanks!

the first two are flat.

on the second two scenes there's not enough focus on the subject with scenes without much else going on. you have a tiny waterfall. capture just it. you have an interesting truck, capture just it.
Ok thanks for the tips! After looking a little more at them, I agree that the background is a little boring...

overall a nice start. your photos look a lot like mine did a year ago. research the Rule of Thirds. That should be a good place to start - Good Luck!
Thanks!! Glad to know that I am not a lost cause!! :lol:

How about...

4769466707_d514df5823.jpg

Just played around with the curves and exposure, and sharpened it a tad.

Ok. Here is what I hope is a better version of the water pic. I cropped it differently and played with the color a little. It was an overcast day when I took it so the color wasn't very good...but please let me know what you think and if this is better. Tried to make the waterfall the focal point and also use the rule of thirds. Hoping to get back out and take another pic of the truck to correct exposure issue. Let me know what you think please!

DSCN0143.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back