FIRST POST

MCINK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CSC_0386.jpg

hahahah...

Very neat. Nice first post. Welcome to TPF.

*goes back to stare at the shot again*

Welcome to TPF.

That's a great pic for your first post...really holds your attention as you take in all the details.

Welcome to TPF.

I was just reading an article a few weeks ago about capturing hot spots and sparks, like welding. You did a very nice job of capturing this. Seems very intimate. I like the way the sparks are flying of his/her mask in a three legged prong and the divots on the knuckle of the glove. You may have overexposed the weld point, but I would like to see the color version (assuming there is one)

As you may or may not know, because welding points are so hot they are naturally very bright and it is very hard not to overexpose them.

I think the overall exposure of the shot is dead-on, as far as something with that contrast and detail, you cant ask for more

I like it a lot...

This is really not criticism but just an idea... What would it look like at a fast enough shutter speed to freeze the sparks? Is this even possible? It might lose its feeling if you did that (end up looking like the photo from page 42 of "Welding for Dummies... lol). so nevermind...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back